Monday 26 January 2015

Creating my own digipak

My digipak will need:

1) Original photographs – at least one will be of the artist(s) and another might be of a scene that reflects the mood/genre of the record.
2) Track list including song writing credits
3) One box with a disk impression (perhaps a circle over an innocuous background that shows where the disc will go or alternatively the design on the actual disc).
4) A band/artist information section (names, instruments, additional musicians, Copyright and year of release etc.).
5) Spine – so that each of the six boxes can be easily identified.
6) Barcode and QR and a logo for the record company.

I may also want to include: 

- A membership postcard/flyer and or a free image/poster

This is how it will be structured (inside view):


On the front cover I will use an image of myself (the artist) with the album name (Breathe) and artist name (IYES). 

The back cover of one of Adele's albums shows how logos and barcodes are used. There is a logo for XL Recordings:


I may also use another artist image on the back cover like Adele and Rihanna have previously done.

























No comments:

Post a Comment