Friday 5 December 2014

Photoshop Practice

Today I practiced using Photoshop in preparation for my digipak. It was a short activity comprising of random images and quotes to create a band name and the album art. This was the original image (below) - in photoshop I edited it in "Filter Gallery..." using the "Ocean Ripple" effect with slight "Ripple Magnitude" to make it look less photographic. I then contrasted this blurred, distorted background with a graphic text called "Blacklisted" from "dafont.com" for the band name. It is best to put the band name/album title in one of the corners as this looks clean, appealing and does not disrupt the album cover art. When using Photoshop for my digipak I need to remember to make each new element I add a new layer so that they can be edited individually where necessary. 






Final product


No comments:

Post a Comment